Your mindset plays a big role when it comes to getting and staying fit. In the same way that an app on your phone is limited by the functions that have been programmed into it, your body is limited by the messages sent by your mind.
If you have the goal of changing your body for the better by dropping pounds and increasing your muscle tone, the first thing to do is to begin with your mindset. It’s a step that far too many well-meaning folks skip in their quest for an improved, sexier body.
My experience has led me to observe that my successful clients who experience the most amazing body transformation results are the ones that abide by the following Positive Mindset Habits…
Positive Mindset Habit #1: Stop Beating Yourself Up
Most of us compare where we are today with where we ultimately want to be.
If you’re a size 18 with the goal of one day being a size 6, what runs through your mind when you look in the mirror?
With a positive mindset you would look in the mirror and notice the improvements and progress that you’ve made towards your ultimate goal, no matter how subtle.
With a negative mindset you would look in the mirror and only see the gap between what you are today and what you ultimately want to be, and you’d beat yourself up about it.
To be successful with your body transformation, focus on positive improvements and every small step towards your bigger goal.
Positive Mindset Habit #2: Do not EVER consider what others think of You
My best clients don’t give one hoot what others think of them. They are focused on their own journey and realize that the only opinion that matters about them is their own.
This small mental shift makes a huge difference when it comes to getting results.
Maintain your focus and energy on your daily fitness goals and resist the urge to compare your progress with others. Do not attempt to decipher what others are thinking about you, because the only opinion about you that really matters is your own.
Positive Mindset Habit #3: ONLY Think Positive Thoughts About Yourself
Nothing good ever comes from thinking poorly of yourself. I simply can’t emphasize this point enough: Negative self-talk is one of the reasons that most attempts at weight loss fail.
On the flip side, those who make a daily practice of positive self-talk, by encouraging themselves and focusing on every small step made towards their goal, see incredible results.
Keeping a positive attitude about yourself will not only help you lose the weight, it also helps you to keep it off in the long run.
Source: Rene Serrate, U First Fitness
Enjoy our new offerings for next week and let our meals help you stick to your New Year’s resolution of eating healthier. We’ve extended our order cutoff time to Friday mornings at 9am, so now you’ll have a little extra time to place your order for next week and when you do, make sure to use promo code WPDEC20 at checkout to get $20 off your next order!
Can you believe Christmas is only 1 week away? With all of the egg nog and holiday cookies you’ll be eating, don’t putting off eating healthier until tomorrow. Everything we serve you is perfectly portioned for 1 person and depending on your choice is either 400 or 600 calories each so say goodbye to feeling stuffed at every meal.
Throw a little exercise into the mix and you have the perfect recipe for a living a healthy lifestyle especially during the holidays. But if you need some help coming up with a plan, make sure to take advantage of our free nutrition coaching available to all Fresh ‘N Fit Cuisine customers.
At Fresh ‘N Fit Cuisine, we want to make eating healthy as easy as possible, that’s why our clean, chef prepared meals are what you need during the holidays. Visit FreshNFitCuisine.com and Use promo code WPDEC10 at checkout to get 10% off your next order!
It’s approaching that time of the year again…New Year’s resolutions. What a great opportunity to challenge your staff to a healthier 2018 and support them in achieving their goal of living a healthier lifestyle. As a component of Fresh ‘N Fit Cuisine’s Corporate Wellness Program, we are offering the chance to create an exciting fitness challenge for your office or support an existing challenge that your team may already be working on.
Our office wellness challenge support program includes:
• Creation of a 2018 challenge for your company – customized and designed to motivate and create results.
• Free dietitian-led nutrition and lifestyle coaching for your employees
• Challenge kickoff – Our corporate wellness staff will work with your team to create an exciting launch event that
includes: Body Composition Testing (weight, BMI, bone density, muscle mass, metabolic rate), Goal Setting, Samples and more.
• Weekly nutrition and fitness tips to keep your employees on track
• Get your team set up for success with affordable healthy meals, snacks and protein bars. We offer a 20% discount on every order with free delivery to your office (groups of 5 or more).
• Fresh ‘N Fit Cuisine has a certified personal trainer on staff who can create interesting on-site activities designed to encourage getting your staff engaged in physical activity throughout the day.
• End of challenge event coordination: Final measurements and testing, tips for continued success as well as recognition of the winners.
• Fresh ’N Fit Cuisine will contribute prizes and incentives to help drive the success of your company’s challenge.
SPACE IS LIMITED!
For more information or to enroll your company in the 2018 Fresh ‘N Fit Cuisine Office Challenge, please email our Director of Corporate Wellness, David Rogers at email@example.com
or call our Customer Success Team at 678-208-0341
By: Natalie Logan, RD, LD, Fresh ‘N Fit Cuisine
It’s that time of the year again! So much to do in so little time! If you’re like me during the holidays you’re going from party to party, eating, shopping, more eating and more holiday functions. With the festive holiday spirit in the air during this time of the year–you need to make a point not to forget about YOU. A lot of times we get so caught up in activities and things we need to do that we don’t take time to recharge. You find yourself at the end of the day and definitely by the end of the holidays tired, maybe a few pounds heavier and not feeling so well. This year, I challenge you to slow down and enjoy the moments. Focus on being in the present moment at each party and family function and enjoy the company and homemade goodies. My challenge this holiday season would be to focus on 4 areas:
- Nutrition: Now is not time to go on a “diet” so I would encourage you to think about filling your plate with as many veggies as you can as well as some lean protein and lots of water. After that, do enjoy those treats especially the ones you only get once a year. Just don’t go overboard.
- Exercise: Move as much as possible! Whether your form of exercise is walking, going to the gym or taking a class – the goal is to just get moving. Ten minutes is better than none at all and it will give you the energy you need to keep up and help you burn those extra calories.
- Sleep: Sleep is so underrated – aim for a true 7 or more hours each night and your body, mind and brain will thank you.
- Breathe: Going back to the basics, taking deep breaths, doing and thinking about happy memories will help to make those stressors of the holidays not seem so big. Five minutes or more of a time-out for you is so powerful (no electronics, no distractions, just you and a comfortable seat).
At Fresh ‘N Fit Cuisine, we want you to eat, look and feel healthy during the holidays, and our calorie and portioned controlled meals and free nutrition coaching can help get you there. Now is the perfect time to give us a try and when you use promo code WPDEC20 at checkout, you’ll get $20 off your first order.