9 Healthy Ideas For Valentine’s Day Classroom Parties
Looking for Valentine’s Day party treats for your child’s classroom can be a heart-stopping experience. Think outside the heart-shaped box and use classroom parties as a time to learn about healthy snacking.
Try these Valentine’s Day party treats that feature dairy, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, many of which can even be assembled in the classroom.
- Send a Message: Using a felt-tipped marker, write fun messages on the peels of clementines (“Hi, Cutie!“) or bananas (“I’m bananas for you!“).
- Strawberries on Cloud Nine: Strawberries, a naturally healthy treat, provide dietary fiber and are rich in vitamin C. Serve them with a small dollop of whipped cream or yogurt.
- Red Salsa: Set up a “dip bar” and let kids make their own snack plates with cut up vegetables, whole-grain pita chips or crackers and low-fat cheese cubes to dip into tomato salsa.
- Banana Split Love Boats: Split a peeled banana down the middle and top with low-fat vanilla Greek yogurt and sliced heart-shaped fruit.
- Pink Milk: Blend strawberries and low-fat milk for a delicious protein-packed, naturally sweet drink.
- Heart-Shaped Sandwiches: Use a cookie cutter to turn a nut butter and jelly sandwich on whole-wheat bread into a heart-shaped Valentine.
- Red Fruit and Yogurt Dip: Celebrate with fruits that are red, the unofficial color of Valentine’s Day: apples, blood oranges, grape tomatoes, red grapes and red peppers. For a sweet dip, mix cinnamon and low-fat vanilla yogurt.
- Cupid’s Smoothie: Before the party starts, blend cranberry or pomegranate juice with low-fat milk, bananas and canned pineapple to make a naturally sweet and pink colored beverage.
- XOXO Trail Mix: Mix together O-shaped cereal (the Os) and pretzel sticks (the Xs) along with bright red dried cranberries and dried strawberries.
Source: Brandi Thompson, RD, LDN, Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
If you’re still looking to satisfy your sweet tooth on Valentine’s Day, do it the guilt free way. Our Low calorie dessert boxes feature 5 delicious, house made desserts all around 150 calories each. Give them a try today and share them with that special someone.
Use offer code BLOG021220 at checkout and get 10% off your first purchase. Offer ends 9am, February 14, 2020.