Tips for post pregnancy weight loss
Congratulations! You’ve just had a baby! Now that your new bundle of joy is here, you have a lot to think about: when to feed him, what do if she cries, how to alter your sleep schedule, plus how to shed the extra pounds you packed on during your pregnancy! Our Registered Dietitian, Julia, has helped us out with 8 great tips on how to work towards getting your pre-pregnancy body back!
1. Give yourself at least 6 weeks until your post partum check up
2. Don’t expect to be back in your pre-pregnancy body right away, slow and steady weight loss is best when trying to keep off the pounds. A pound a week is a considered a healthy weight loss goal
3. Focus on eating fruits, vegetables and whole grains
4. Eating smaller portions and eat more frequently
5. Avoid temptation – Surround yourself with healthy options to eat
6. Include physical activity in your daily routine, join a gym, walk around the neighborhood with the baby in the stroller, and find other new moms to join you. Try to build up to at least half an hour of moderate to vigorous physical activity.
7. Breast feeding can burn up to 500 calories a day.
8. Limit calorie filled drinks such as juice, sodas and coffee drinks
With a new baby in the house, no one has time to think about cooking or food shopping! Fresh ‘n Fit Cuisine meals are a great way to eat healthy, fresh foods conveniently with no preparing, cooking, or cleaning! SAVE 10% on your first order with promo code BLOG10! http://www.freshnfitcuisine.com