Health benefits of fruit infused water
This time of year, it’s more important than ever to stay hydrated. Water, of course, is the best and healthiest way to stay hydrated, but it’s easy to get bored with flavorless water and want to reach for a sugary, carbonated beverage instead. Infusing your water with fruit is a great way to stay hydrated, add flavor to your water routine, and add vitamins and nutrients to your diet!
Some of the most basic recipes include simple fruits like lemon and lime infused water. But others get more intricate to include exotic fruits, vegetables, and even coffee beans. Here are some of my favorite recipes below:
1. Strawberry Basil Blast: Scrunch 8 fresh basil leaves to release their flavor. Combine them with 3 cups halved strawberries, and gently muddle with a wooden spoon or spatula.
2. Apples & Cinnamon: Combine five cored and thinly sliced apples (your favorite variety) with five whole cinnamon sticks.
3. Peach Pie: Gently crush two vanilla beans with a wooden spoon or spatula. Stir them into six pitted and sliced peaches.
4. Pear-fect Ginger: Stir together five cored and sliced pears and 10 thin slices fresh ginger.
5. Rosemary Refresher: Scrunch four rosemary sprigs to release their flavor. Combine them with 6 cups watermelon chunks.
6. Vanilla Water Latte: Gently crush two vanilla beans with a wooden spoon or spatula. Combine them with 2 cups whole coffee beans.
7. Strawberry Kiwi Cooler: Combine 3 cups halved strawberries, three thinly sliced kiwis, and two thinly sliced lemons. Gently muddle all of the ingredients together.
8. Cucumber Quencher: Scrunch six mint sprigs to release flavor. Combine them with two thinly sliced cucumbers and four thinly sliced limes.
9. Tropical Twist: Stir together 2 cups pineapple chunks, 2 cups mango chunks (fresh or frozen), and one thinly sliced starfruit.
10. Triple Threat: Combine three cored and sliced apples, three thinly sliced oranges, and 3 cups halved grapes. Gently muddle with a wooden spoon or spatula.
Although these recipes are great for helping you stay hydrated, you still need a healthy, balanced diet that takes advantage of all the fresh summer flavors produce has to offer! Fresh ‘n Fit Cuisine meal plans are a great way to get a balanced, delicious, and fresh diet you’ll love while allowing you the flexibility to avoid cooking, cleaning, & meal planning and more time doing the summer activities you love! Visit our website at http://www.freshnfitcuisine.com to learn more!